The five process groups are Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring and Controlling, and Closing.
What are the 5 process groups of project management?
There are 5 phases to the project life cycle (also called the 5 process groups)—initiating, planning, executing, monitoring/controlling, and closing. Each of these project phases represents a group of interrelated processes that must take place.
What are the five project management process groups in order quizlet?
Briefly describe what happens in each of the five project management process groups (initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing).
Which of the following are the processes within the initiating process group?
The Initiating process group has two processes: Develop Project Charter and Identify Stakeholders. After completing the processes in this group, a project manager has the authority to use organizational resources for project activities.
Which process groups must be included in every project?
Generally speaking, projects require five process groups — initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing.
What are the six process groups in project management?
Project Management Process Groups
- Initiating Process Group. The initiating process group involves the processes, activities, and skills needed to effectively define the beginning of a project. …
- Planning Process Group. …
- Executing Process Group. …
- Monitoring and Control Process Group. …
- Closing Process Group.
24 окт. 2019 г.
What are the 5 phases of a project?
Developed by the Project Management Institute (PMI), the five phases of project management include conception and initiation, planning, execution, performance/monitoring, and project close.
Which of the following are project management phases quizlet?
The project management process groups include initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing. Project management process groups are not project phases.
What are some of the key outputs of each process group?
4. What are some of the key outputs of each process group? Some of the key outputs might include a charter, a project management plan, deliverable, performance reports, and close procurement.
What are some of the components of the schedule management plan?
The components of the Schedule Management Plan can include:
- Roles and responsibilities. You can describe different roles and their ability to access the project schedule. …
- Update frequency. …
- Progress feedback. …
- Schedule change review and approval. …
- Tools. …
- Reports. …
- Schedule integration.
24 июл. 2017 г.
What is initiating process in project management?
The Initiating Process Group consists of those processes performed to define a new project or a new phase of an existing project by obtaining authorization to start the project or phase. Within the Initiating processes, the initial scope is defined and initial financial resources are committed.
What are the 10 knowledge areas of project management?
The 10 Knowledge Areas that have been defined in project management are:
- Project Integration Management.
- Project Scope Management.
- Project Schedule Management.
- Project Cost Management.
- Project Quality Management.
- Project Resource Management.
- Project Communications Management.
- Project Risk Management.
25 нояб. 2020 г.
What are the knowledge areas and process groups in project management as per PMI?
Every project needs the 5 Process Groups – Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring & Controlling and Closing. Process Groups bundle together processes that often operate around the same time on a project or with similar input and outputs.
What is project life cycle?
A project life cycle is the sequence of phases that a project goes through from its initiation to its closure. The number and sequence of the cycle are determined by the management and various other factors like needs of the organization involved in the project, the nature of the project, and its area of application.
What is the first step a project manager performs after officially beginning a project?
The formal stages of a project are as follows: Initiation: project team formation, project chartering, and kick-off. Planning: finalizing the project scope, defining the detailed work breakdown, assessing risk, identifying resource requirements, finalizing the schedule, and preparing for the actual work.
How do you select a project in project management?
Project Selection Methods
- Benefit Measurement Methods. Benefit Measurement is a project selection technique based on the present value of estimated cash outflow and inflow. …
- Benefit/Cost Ratio. …
- Economic Model. …
- Scoring Model in Project Management. …
- Payback Period. …
- Net Present Value. …
- Discounted Cash Flow. …
- Internal Rate Of Return.
30 янв. 2013 г.