To create a subtask or a summary task, indent a task below another one. In the Gantt Chart view, select the task you want to turn into a subtask, then click Task > Indent. The task you selected is now a subtask, and the task above it, that isn’t indented, is now a summary task.
How do I link two tasks in MS Project?
Link tasks by using the Gantt Chart view
- On the View menu, choose Gantt Chart.
- In the Task Name field, select two or more tasks you want to link, in the order you want to link them. To select nonadjacent tasks, hold down CTRL and select the tasks you want to link. …
- Choose Link Tasks .
Can you link summary tasks in MS Project?
MS Project can handle linked summary activities, but it is problematic for the reasons noted by PMI. In addition linking summary tasks can also artificially extend the plan timescales and lead to unnecessary down time for resources on the project.
How do I expand all subtasks in MS Project?
Yes, you should be able to expand all tasks at View > Data group > Outline > All Subtasks.
What does FS mean in MS Project?
Finish-to-start (FS) Indicates that the finish date of the predecessor task determines the start date of the successor task. For example, a film scene must be shot before it can be edited. Start-to-start (SS) Indicates that the start date of the predecessor task determines the start date of the successor task.
How do I change working days in MS Project?
Adjust the working times for your project
- Click Project > Properties > Change Working Time. …
- With the calendar marked as (project calendar) selected from the For calendar list, click the Work Weeks tab, and then click Details.
How do you add lag in MS Project?
Add lead or lag time
- Double-click a task name, and then click the Predecessors tab in the Task Information box. ©
- In the Lag column, type the lead time or lag time you want. To add lead time, type a negative number or a negative percentage (for example, -50%).
How do I group activities in MS Project?
On the View tab, in the Task Views or Resource Views group, choose the view you want. To group assignments, select the Task Usage or Resource Usage view. On the View tab, in the Data group, choose More Groups in the Group by box. Under Groups, choose Task or Resource, select a grouping criterion, and then choose Edit.
How do I show hidden tasks in MS Project?
To display hidden subtasks in a task view such as the Gantt Chart in Project 2007 and earlier versions, follow these steps:
- On the View menu, click Gantt Chart.
- Click the heading of the Task Name column to select all tasks.
- On the Project menu, point to Outline, point to Show, and then click All Subtasks.
Can MS Project export to Excel?
Choose File > Export > Save Project as File, and under Other File Types, double-click Microsoft Excel Workbook. (In Project 2010, choose File > Save As, and next to Save as type, choose Excel Workbook.) … In the File name box, type the name you want, and choose Save. The Export Wizard appears.
How do you expand all in MS Project?
To quickly expand every summary task in your project to display every task, click the Outline pick list button and select the All Subtasks item.
How do I change the link type in MS Project?
Here’s how to change a link type:
- Click View > Gantt Chart.
- Double-click the link line between the two tasks. Note: If the link is to an external task, Project opens the file that contains it.
- Pick a dependency type from the Type list.
- To get rid of the link entirely, pick (None) from the Type list.
What is start to start in MS Project?
Start-to-Start: This dependency ensures that the linked tasks start at the same time. Specifically, the successor task will always start at the same time as the predecessor task.
What are the types of task links in MS Project?
Start-To-Finish and Other Task Dependency Types In Microsoft Project
- Finish-to-Start (FS): The finish date of one task drives the start date of another.
- Start-to-Start (SS): The start date of one task drives the start date of another.
- Finish-to-Finish (FF): The finish date of one task drives the finish date of another.
23 июл. 2012 г.