You can check Jira Software version on the footer of any page in JIRA. It will be written in grey font. Or you can go to Applicatons->Versions and Licenses. You can see there the verisons of Jira Software, Jira Service Desk and Jira Core.
What is the current version of Jira?
Jira Software 8.13.
Why choose Long Term Support releases?
How do I know if I have Jira cloud or server?
Look at the link if it contains . atlassian.net then it is Cloud.
How do I use Jira versions?
Step 1: Create a version in Jira Software
- Navigate to your project.
- In the project menu, click on Releases.
- Select the Version name text box, enter a name, and click Add. Version names are typically numeric, for example, 1.0 or 2.1. You could also consider using an internal codename.
How do I update Jira?
If you’re using Jira Service Management, you can update it directly in the UI, without downloading a separate installer.
- Go to Administration ( ) > Applications > Versions and licenses.
- Update Jira Service Management. This will automatically update Jira Service Management to a compatible version.
Does Jira have a free version?
We offer a Free plan for Jira Software for up to 10 users, 2GB of storage, and Community Support. If you’d like to add more than 10 users or get access to more support and storage, you can sign up for a 7-day free trial of our Standard or Premium plan. … You can add and remove users as your team changes.
Is Jira self hosted?
Jira is an issue-tracking application from Atlassian that makes it easier for teams to collaborate on software. It’s not open-source, but you can install it on your own servers rather than using the cloud version.
What is the difference between Jira cloud and Jira server?
When deciding between installing Jira Cloud or Jira Server, it’s all about what your needs are. Jira Cloud will offer more integration and easier maintenance and use. Jira Server will allow more control and security but at the cost of simplicity.
What is the difference between JIRA server and data center?
The main technical difference between Server and Data Center is that Data Center permits multiple application servers running in parallel, whereas Server only permits one application server. We are often asked by customers about Atlassian Data Center vs Server – and, more specifically, which is the better option.
What is Jira cloud?
Jira delivers a cloud-based platform that teams use to plan, track, release, and support software. Jira gives you high availability and disaster recovery, so no request goes unresolved.
How do I manage fix versions in Jira?
Managing a project’s versions
- Choose Administration ( ) > Projects, and select the relevant project.
- Choose Versions in the left menu. The Versions page is displayed, showing a list of versions and each version’s status. From here you can manage the project’s versions as described on this page.
9 янв. 2020 г.
What is the difference between release and version?
Normally Release is more about the “action” to distribute the software to interested candidates, while “version” is an identifier of certain snapshot of the software (mostly a meaningful snapshot). Therefore, in most case, as we need to identify certain release of the application, we will have a version assigned.
How do I plan a release in Jira?
Creating a project release
- In the releases view of the plan, go to the project for which you want to create a release.
- Click Create release next to the project name. …
- Give the new release a name. …
- Add a description for the new release.
- For the start date, choose from one of the following options, and then set the date:
1 февр. 2021 г.
What’s the difference between Jira core and Jira software?
In JIRA Software, you have extra agile functionality, including the ability plan agile work from project backlog to sprint. … JIRA Core takes this workflow engine and caters it for business teams to develop organized, easy to use, task-oriented projects.
How do I raise a defect in Jira?
- In an application in the Monitor view, select the issues that you want to submit as defects.
- Click List menu > Create Defect.
- On the Create Defect page, select JIRA, complete the URL, Username, and Password fields, and click Connect to test the connection to JIRA.
What is a version in Jira software?
Create versions for your project
In Jira Software, each release is called a version. There are two ways to create versions in your project. Only project admins can create versions.