Resolved date is set when you set or change the resolution. It will be cleared when you clear your resolution (i.e. in a postfunction). See also: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOCSPRINT/Resolved,+Resolution+and+Resolution+Date.
What does resolution date mean?
The date (and time) when the event ends or returns to baseline. (
What does resolution mean in Jira?
Purpose. The “Resolution” field is an important feature in Jira. It specifies the reason an issue is closed and removes the need of having multiple statuses with the purpose of stating why the issue is closed, thus capturing important data for your team while reducing the time you have to manage your workflow.
How do I change the resolved date in Jira?
You can’t. The resolved date is derived from the last time you resolved the issue, which you can’t alter.
What is status in Jira?
A Status used for Jira Issues are the stages a particular issue, or issues, are currently at in their lifecycle – the workflow. … The use of Status Categories allows for a team to have different Status of an issue (the Label) that will reside under the higher level buckets of To Do, In Progress or Done.
What is the purpose of a board resolution?
It’s a formal document that solidifies in writing important decisions that boards of directors make. Boards usually write up board resolutions when they appoint new directors to the board. Resolutions authorize committees to take action on matters that the board voted on.
How do you write a board resolution?
How to Write a Resolution
- Format the resolution by putting the date and resolution number at the top. …
- Form a title of the resolution that speaks to the issue that you want to document. …
- Use formal language in the body of the resolution, beginning each new paragraph with the word, whereas.
28 сент. 2016 г.
Who should close the Jira?
Typical issue workflow is the person working on the bug resolves it, and the person who opened the bug is the one who decides if the resolution is acceptable. If it is, they close it. If not, they re-open the bug for further discussion/work/wrangling.
What is the difference between status and resolution in Jira?
Statuses represent the position of an issue in its workflow. A status can be mapped to one workflow step. Resolutions are the ways in which an issue can be closed. Read more about the default statuses, resolutions and priorities that come with your Jira products.
What is the difference between done and closed in Jira?
Resolved is intended to be used when someone thinks an issue is Done, but someone should review it to make sure it’s really Done. In the Jira Default Workflow the Closed status is also configured to prevent future edits to issues in the Closed status.
How do I map a status in Jira?
Adding a new status
- Go to your board, then select more ( ) > Board settings.
- Click the Columns tab.
- Click the Add status button. NOTE: The Add Status button is only available if you have the Jira ‘Project Administrator’ permission for this board’s project. See Permissions overview for more information.
6 июл. 2020 г.
What is Jira Workflow?
A Jira workflow is a set of statuses and transitions that an issue moves through during its lifecycle, and typically represents a process within your organization. … You need to log in as a user with the Administer Jira global permission to access and manage workflows.
What are the different types of issues in Jira?
Jira Core (business projects) issue types
- Task. A task represents work that needs to be done.
- Subtask. A subtask is a piece of work that is required to complete a task. …
- Epic. A big user story that needs to be broken down. …
- Bug. A bug is a problem which impairs or prevents the functions of a product.
- Story. …
- Task. …
- Subtask. …
9 нояб. 2020 г.