How do I make a field optional in Jira?
To make a field mandatory when used through Jira’s user interface, click the Required link associated with that field. The text Required appears next to the field’s name. Hidden fields cannot be set as required. To make a field optional, click the Optional link associated with that field.
What is the summary field in Jira?
The Summary column displays the issue summary and, optionally, part of the issue description. For folders, it shows the folder name. Summary can be edited right in the structure widget and it is the only field required for creating new issues.
How do I write a summary in Jira?
The Description section of the JIRA should include the following:
- Instructions for reproducing the bug. …
- Additional details about the general context.
- If the behaviour is different than expected, describe the expected behaviour.
- Explain implications for the larger picture.
16 нояб. 2020 г.
How do I make a component field mandatory in Jira?
Making the component field mandatory in all projects is easy (Admin > Issues > Fields > Field Configurations > Component > Required).
What is Jira field configuration?
A field configuration lets you define the behavior of all issue fields, including custom fields, that are available in your Jira applications. For each field, a field configuration lets you set: The description that appears under the field when an issue is edited.
How do you make fields mandatory?
To set a form field as mandatory while adding a field, Drag and drop the required field to the form.
Making a Field Required
- Select the Form from the Dashboard in Edit mode.
- Select the field to be edited.
- Select Field Properties from the right pane and select the checkbox Mandatory.
- The changes made will be auto-saved.
What is an epic summary?
Summary: An agile epic is a body of work that can be broken down into specific tasks (called user stories) based on the needs/requests of customers or end-users. Epics are an important practice for agile and DevOps teams. … Epics are a helpful way to organize your work and to create a hierarchy.
How do I search for a keyword in Jira?
Just type “Jira Software” into the search field. Advanced search: Find all issues that contain the words Jira and Software, in no particular order.
How do you write an epic summary?
Steps to Writing Good Epics and Stories:
- PREP — Understand that both epics and stories have three required parts and should be written the same way — with a Label, a Narrative and the Acceptance Criteria. …
- Follow These Steps:
- STEP 1 — Write the Label.
- STEP 2 — Write the Narrative.
- << The exact words you use to introduce the user are not really important.
2 февр. 2017 г.
What is a task in Jira?
A task represents work that needs to be done. By default, software projects come with one child issue type: Subtask. A subtask is a piece of work that is required to complete a task. Subtasks issues can be used to break down any of your standard issues in Jira (bugs, stories or tasks).
What is Jira user story?
User stories are development tasks often expressed as “persona + need + purpose.”
How do I make Jira application fields required in a workflow transition?
On the Validators tab, click Add. Select the Fields Required option and click Add. Select the field or fields that you want to make required for the transition. Click Add to complete the creation of a Validator.